• The evolution of investment banking business and regulations (FRTB) will lead to a considerable increase in computational volumes.
• To avoid massive compute infrastructure investments, support accelerated time to market (server, …), and build an on-demand compute infrastructure, adoption of the public cloud becomes necessary.
• CACIB wants to leverage ANEO’s HPC-Cloud and Business expertise to define a pragmatic, practical and efficient strategy for hybrid cloud deployment, in connection with ITS ‘Grid As A Service (GaaS) project.
In order to prepare the public cloud usage for Pricing Services and onboard all the stakeholders (business and IT), an internal document has been built to This document address the cloud adoption requirements for CACIB :
• The context and business challenges of cloud adoption
• Functional and technical architecture : current, target and long-term vision
• Risk Analysis of Public Cloud Overflow and Remediation Plans
• Study of best market practices and regulatory lighting In addtion, two Proof-of concept on Grid bursting has been done (one per functional perimeter)
• Internal document validation with the agreement of the Legal, Risk, Security, Compliance
• Alignment of the business and IT top management • 2 Tech Talk : “Cloud adoption in Financial Services & Insurance, Customer use cases and migration journey”
• Cloud bursting functional and technical test :
– Pricing service Architecture assessment : current architecture, grid burst architecture with IBM symphony, grid burst with Cloud native services A test application was deployed successfully on GaaS using first all 128 cores on premise and after fill on premise cluster it bursts on Azure with on demand provisioning.
– Request of 16 000 cores on Azure (250 nodes of 64 vCPU) : 242 computes nodes were provisioned (15 488 vCPU) and 1 682 057 tasks (62 computing days) in less than 25 minutes